Harrison Grant is a leading planning law firm. We regularly advise on all aspects of planning law ranging from environmental impact assessment, the need for planning permission, enforcement actions, representations to planning committees and councillors, planning appeals, negotiating s106 Agreements and judicial reviews. We represent individuals, companies, local authorities professionals and campaign groups.
We have extensive experience of local authorities throughout the country and the planning system. We are ranked as a Leading Firm by the Chambers Guide to the Legal Profession.
- Litigation at domestic, European and International level;
- Opposing the impact of energy companies on the environment (for example, challenging government plans for the provision of nuclear energy and the granting of deep sea oil drilling licences)
- Responding to public consultations (where public authorities have to consult with members of the public before going ahead with a specific action such as granting a planning permission);
- Participation and representation at Planning Inquiries;
- Advice on Strategic Environmental Assessments and Environmental Impact Assessments;
- Advice on matters involving the European Environmental Liability Directive (eg prevention and remedying of environmental damage to the natural habitats of wildlife);
- Advice to environmental campaign groups (eg on a successful protest against works carried out to woodland and natural habitats during the nesting season and advice to groups concerned about development activities damaging the green belt).
- Advice on remedies for noise, air pollution and environmental nuisance (eg problems caused by local industry works adjacent to residential areas);
Details of our leading cases can be found here.
[catlist name=Harrison Grant]