As technology plays an increasing role in how we live our lives and do business, it has become important to consider how these advances affect the balance between privacy and data protection on the one hand, and the freedom of information on the other. Information law is the area of law used to address these two competing ideas.
At Harrison Grant we pride ourselves on our innovative approach to the complex legal issues often faced in this area of law. We are frequently involved in information law matters, particularly freedom of information requests, subject access requests and complaints and appeals to the Information Commissioner, the First-tier and Upper Tribunals.
- Applications and complaints under the Freedom of Information Act 2000;
- Applications for information under the Environmental Information Regulations 2004;
- Information requests under the Data Protection Act 1998;
- Complaints and challenges to decisions made by the Information Commissioner; and
- Appeals to the Information Tribunal
Details of our leading cases can be found here.
[catlist name=Harrison Grant]