Harrison Grant is a leading environmental law firm. We regularly represent individuals, organisations, professionals and campaign groups in high profile environmental law cases. We are committed to safeguarding the environment and to providing excellent and affordable advice to all those seeking to do so.
We have extensive experience in using UK, European and international law to challenge environmental decisions by government, local authorities and other public bodies.
We are ranked as a Leading Firm in environmental and planning law by Chambers UK since 2011.
Chambers describes Harrison Grant as:
‘‘renowned for its expertise in environmental law, with extensive involvement in claimant focused public consultations, environmental nuisance, energy (nuclear new build, gas and deep sea drilling), climate change and environmental law at sea. The firm is particularly active in access to justice in environmental matters and regularly provides advice in relation to the Aarhus Convention and the Environmental Information Regulations’.
- Litigation at domestic, European and International level;
- Opposing the impact of energy companies on the environment (for example, challenging government plans for the provision of nuclear energy and the granting of deep sea oil drilling licences)
- Responding to public consultations (where public authorities have to consult with members of the public before going ahead with a specific action such as granting a planning permission);
- Participation and representation at Planning Inquiries;
- Advice on Strategic Environmental Assessments and Environmental Impact Assessments;
- Advice on matters involving the European Environmental Liability Directive (eg prevention and remedying of environmental damage to the natural habitats of wildlife);
- Advice to environmental campaign groups (eg on a successful protest against works carried out to woodland and natural habitats during the nesting season and advice to groups concerned about development activities damaging the green belt).
- Advice on remedies for noise, air pollution and environmental nuisance (eg problems caused by local industry works adjacent to residential areas);
Details of our leading cases can be found here.
Environmental Law News
[catlist name=Public Law]